MCPatcher HD for Minecraft 1.6.4/1.6.2/1.5.2
What is MCPatcher HD?
This is a java application that will allows you to switch between texture packs from one size to another sizes.
MCPatcher HD Features:
- Built-in utility for converting texture packs to resource packs 1.6.
- Custom item textures!
- Better Glass! More transparency options for glass textures.
- Better Skies. Add your own textures to the day and night skies. Many options for fading and blending.
- Connected Textures mod.
- Custom Colors mod. Texture pack authors can now customize many colors in the game including swamps, lighting, and more. See Misa’s texture pack for examples.
- Balthichou’s RandomMobs mod.
- Extended animation, mipmapping, and font support.
- MrMessiah’s BetterGrass mod.
- Ability to load other mods like Modloader. See “Installing other Mods” for details.
- Ability to save and load mod profiles and switch between them easily. Also organize your mods by the Minecraft version they go with.
MCPatcher HD Screenshot:
How to install MCPatcher HD for Minecraft:
- Download the correct version of the patcher for your OS and version Minecraft
- Double-click the patcher
- Then click “Patch” button, you don’t have to select any texture packs yet.
- Start the game.
- Click Mods and Texture Packs.
- Click Open Texture Packs folder. If nothing happens, just go to the texturepacks folder in .minecraft instead.
- Copy all your texture packs into that folder.
- Enjoy switching between texture packs without repatching the game!
–> Readmore: LiteLoader for minecraft [1.7.2, 1.6.4, 1.6.2, 1.5.2]
The process for installing Forge/LiteLoader is different.
- Close MCPatcher for these first steps.
- Download the Forge/LiteLoader installer for the corresponding version of Minecraft. NOTE: In the past, these instructions told you to download the universal jar file. This has changed as of MCPatcher 4.2.2.
- Run the installer as usual. If using LiteLoader and you want to chain to Forge, select the appropriate option in the LiteLoader installer.
- Start the launcher and run the game once with the Forge/LiteLoader profile just created. This will ensure the necessary libraries are downloaded.
- Close the game and start MCPatcher.
- From the Game Version drop-down menu, choose the Forge/LiteLoader version that was just created. For example, 1.6.x-Forge188.8.131.524 or LiteLoader1.6.x.
- For Forge versions, an extra Minecraft Forge entry will appear in the MCPatcher mods tab, but nothing extra will be added for LiteLoader. This is normal.
- Click Patch.
- Click Test Minecraft, or close MCPatcher and run the launcher, making sure that the correct profile (e.g., MCPatcher) and version (e.g., 1.6.x-Forge184.108.40.2064-MCPatcher) are selected.
Note: FML will produce many errors during startup complaining about binary discrepancies. These are due to the fact that Forge and MCPatcher modify the same classes and can be safely ignored.
Installing Forge with MCPatcher:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge installer
- Start MCPatcher and and ensure that the correct version of Minecraft is selected in the Game Version drop down menu (for example, 1.6.x for Forge #804).
- Click on the text in the New Profile drop down menu and enter a new profile name, for example, MCPatcher+Forge. Click in the Mods section when you are done.
- Click the Add (+) button at the bottom of the window.
- Select the minecraftforge-universal jar file and click Ok.
- A “Minecraft Forge” entry should appear in the mod list.
- Click Patch.
- Either click Test Minecraft or close MCPatcher and use the game launcher to start the game. If using the launcher, make sure the profile you created (MCPatcher+Forge or whatever you called it) is selected.
Tips and Warnings:
- Right-click and run MCPatcher HD Fix as administrator, if you are using Windows 7, Vista or 8.
- Always keep backup of your world saves before making changes to your game version.
- Please close Minecraft while patching, not doing so will corrupt your game.
MCPatcher HD Download Links:
Windows only File EXE
All other platforms File JAR
Windows only File EXE
All other platforms file JAR
Credits to: Kahr
- yhs-002 (20)